Your mental health is as important as your physical health. Promoting good mental health and wellbeing can help you feel empowered and more resilient to cope with life's stresses.

If you think that you may have a mental health condition, in the first instance speak to your doctor or NHS Specialist Services. You can also talk to the Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service.

Mental Health Advice

We have two Student Mental Health Advisers (SMHA). Their role is to provide support for students who may have had, or are experiencing moderate to severe mental health difficulties.

If you would like to see a Student Mental Health Adviser you will need to be referred by a member of College staff. You can find out more about mental health advice in the College by visiting the Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service website.

Mental Health First Aiders

Similar to physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid does the same for someone experiencing mental ill health. The College has over 100 trained mental health first aiders‌ to provide information and to signpost to further help and support and you can find a list on the College Health and Wellbeing website.