Meet the Sexual Violence Liaison Officer Team
We have five SVLOs who are based in different departments across the College, and a member of the Student Services team who supports the running of the SVLO scheme.
If there is a particular SVLO that you would like to be referred to, or would prefer not to be referred to, or if you have a preference for a male or female SVLO, please let us know when you contact us.
Sexual Violence Liaison Officer Team
Centre for Environmental Policy
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
People grid widget 2
What happens when I contact the Sexual Violence Liaison Team?
If you contact the Sexual Violence Liaison Team:
1. You will receive an automated response confirming that your email has been received and an SVLO will be in contact with you shortly. The email address is managed from 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, with the exception of College Closure dates.
2. An SVLO will email you back letting you know their name, where they are based, some information about themselves and will let you know the next steps. They will also give you the option to be referred onto a different SVLO if you would prefer to talk to someone else.
3. Once you are in contact with your preferred SVLO, they will arrange a meeting with you. All our SVLOs have private locations where you can meet, or you can have a meeting by phone.
4. When you meet with your SVLO they will outline the support available to you through the College and from external specialist services. They can also talk you through the process of making a complaint to the College and/or reporting an incident to the police if you decide that is the right course of action for you.
5. Your SVLO will also talk you through practical issues such as academic adjustments, exam arrangements, teaching and attendance, leave of absence, accomodation and security.
Your SVLO can arrange a follow up meeting if needed. Contact the SVLOs on firstname.lastname@example.org.