Students outsideIf you are a non-EEA national you will need to ensure you register in person with the College to meet UK Visa and Immigration requirements. If you do not register in person you may risk your place at Imperial being suspended. 

As well as registering in person, you will also be able to:

  • Collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (if you have nominated to collect it from Imperial)
  • Scan your BRP (if you have collected it from the Post Office)
  • Book an appointment to register with the police, if you need to

All students also need to register online. Please contact our International Student Support team if you have any questions about visas or immigration issues.

In-person registration

When do I need to attend?

Registration dates have not been confirmed. Dates will be published here closer to the beginning of term.

What do I need to bring?

You will need to bring:

  • the passport you used to enter the UK
  • any immigration documents that are not contained in your passport (e.g. refugee status letter, Biometric Residence Permit)

If you have made a visa application but have not yet received your visa, you should bring evidence of the application, such as a biometric letter or visa application cover sheet.

Police registration

Certain international students are required by a condition printed on their visa to register with the police within seven days of arriving in the UK.

If you are required to register with the Police you will receive further information from the College about this at the same time you are sent your in-person registration invite.

For information and help about police registration please see our International Student Support team's help sheet [PDF].

More information about who needs to register with the police, who is exempt, and how to get a Police Registration Certificate (PRC) is also available on the Metropolitan Police's website.

If you are based at Silwood Park campus, you will need to visit Bracknell Police Station.