Private Housing Events
Our private housing events have moved online!
Road to Private Housing
Throughout May we'll be hosting a variety of private housing events, including:
- Find a flatmate coffee socials
- Live focus groups
- Weekly Private Housing newsletter full of advice, tips and recommendations
Keep checking for event listings
The Student Hub are here to guide you along your #RoadToPrivateHousing journey throughout May and June. We'll pick up where we left off at the Introduction to Private Housing talk and look in more detail at viewing properties, contracts, taking inventories, how to deal with issues once you've moved in and lots more.
As well as our new weekly newsletter, the Student Hub will host two virtual Private Housing in-focus sessions. These sessions will look at a couple of key topics in more detail and you'll have the chance to ask your questions. We'll also be hosting some agents and housing providers, so you can meet them directly.
- Wednesday 19 May - 15.00-16.15 - Contracts and Moving In
- Thursday 27 May - 15.00-16.15 - During the Tenancy and Moving Out - Join Live Teams Event
Be sure to sign up to our weekly Private Housing newsletter for:
- Articles and advice about private housing topics
- Weekly top tips
- Submit your questions
- Read profiles of estate agents, landlords, private halls and other service providers.
Read our previous articles at the bottom of this page.
Flatmate Coffee Socials
As well as our Find a Flatmate Yammer group, we've got another way potential housemates next year. Grab your favourite refreshment and join us for our Flatmate Coffee Socials which will be held weekly starting in May.
Once you register you will be sent invites every week to join in. The dates and times of these will change weekly and be held on Microsoft Teams so if you can't make it to one do not worry! You will be able to attend as many of these events as you wish.
These will be casual events and the Student Hub staff will be there to help facilitate conversations however, please do make sure to get involved and engage with the other students. We encourage you to then share your details amongst each other if you feel like you get along with others in the event.
Private Housing Newsletter Archive
Read our previous editions here:
- Private Housing Newsletter 1 - Flatmates - What's the ideal number of people to live with? What are the pros and cons?
- Private Housing Newsletter 2 - Finances - Estimating the bills you need to pay. Paying bills on time. Proof of rent affordability.
- Private Housing Newsletter 3 - Contracts and Moving in - Catch up on our presentation and we answer your questions.
- Private Housing Newsletter 4 - When to search - Advice on when the best time to search for a September arrival and the Rent Guarantee Scheme
- Private Housing Newsletter 5 - Moving out and Repairs - Recap of our final event and real life stories
- Private Housing Newsletter 6 - The End is near - What to do when moving out and ways to end contract early