Students with families
International Family Network
The International Student Support staff would like to welcome those students with families and their family members. We aim to provide support to help with the transition into UK life. Moving to an unfamiliar country and trying to balance study commitments while raising a family can be an isolating and challenging experience. If you’re an international student parent in this position, the good news is that you’re not alone!
We have created the International Family Network in order to bring international families together in a welcoming and informal environment. Our meet-ups allow you to socialise and share experiences/tips with others who may be going through many of the same situations as you.
Our recent trips and events have included: Legoland Windsor; The Tower of London; Kew Gardens; The Lion King Theatre Trip; Hampton Court Palace; Kensington Palace and also our annual Easter Egg Hunt !
INTERNATIONAL FAMILY NETWORK EVENTS 2019/20
1. Matilda The Musical 11.09.2019
2. Hampton Court Palace and Gardens October 2019 TBC
For further details and to book your place please email email@example.com
We have compiled a list of resources that may be of assistance to you and your family:
- Obtaining a visa for your dependant(s)
- First Steps - A British Council pre-departure guide for international students coming to study in the UK
- General information for dependants (UK Council for International Student Affairs)
- Creating Confidence - A British Council publication to help you make sure your stay in the UK is safe and enjoyable
- Finding a school for your children
- Imperial nursery
- Maternity policy for Imperial College students
- Babies and Bumps New Parents' Network
- Emergency financial support for international students
- SureStart Children's Centres
Trip to the Butterfly House at the Natural History Museum
The summer picnic
Easter Egg Hunt
Picnic at London Zoo