Students with families
International Family Network
The International Student Support staff would like to welcome those students with families and their family members. We aim to provide support to help with the transition into UK life. Moving to an unfamiliar country and trying to balance study commitments while raising a family can be an isolating and difficult experience. If you’re an international student parent in this position, the good news is that you’re not alone!
We have created the International Family Network in order to bring international families together in a welcoming and informal environment. Our meet-ups allow you to socialise and share experiences/tips with others who may be going through many of the same situations as you.
The next event will be The Imperial Families Easter Egg Hunt on 05.04.17 - click here for further details and to book your place.
We have compiled a list of resources that may be of assistance to you and your family:
- Obtaining a visa for your dependant(s)
- General information for dependants (UK Council for International Student Affairs)
- Preparing for family life in London
- Finding a school for your children
- Imperial nursery
- Maternity policy for Imperial College students
- Babies and Bumps New Parents' Network
- Emergency financial support for international students
- SureStart Children's Centres
A PhD student with her family at our summer picnic
The summer picnic
Trip to London zoo
Picnic at London Zoo