Free Language Opportunities
Free language opportunities for research degree students (PhD, EngD, MD [Res] and MPhil)
In response to student feedback, the Graduate School has worked in partnership with the Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication (CLCC), to establish a pilot scheme providing 150 research students with an opportunity to study a language for free. There are two ways to engage with the pilot, depending on your language level:
- Language Evening Classes: from complete beginner upwards
- Imperial Horizons Languages Classes: higher-level courses
Below you can find out more about each opportunity and how to apply.
- These specially funded places are limited and you should only apply if you are able to commit for the duration of the course and complete any assignments.
- If you fail to meet the minimum required attendance you will be issued with a cancellation charge of £50 via your department.
- Participation in one of the language courses does not count towards the professional skills requirement.