Tutor: Dr Magdalena Jara & Dr Elena Forasacco
Course Level: Level 3
Course Credit: 1 credit
Maximum Course Capacity: 25
Mode of Delivery: Online & Face-to-Face Sessions Available
Time Commitment: 30 minutes for preparatory task and 7 hours for live retreat (inc breaks and lunch)
- Friday 01 April 2022
09:30-16:00, MS Teams
- Friday 10 June 2022
09:30-16:00, South Kensington
This one-day GTA retreat provide participants with the time and space to reflect on their teaching experience in a supportive environment to progress and/or complete their AFHEA applications.
During the retreat, participants will have the opportunity to discuss and reflect on their teaching experience, share good practice and feedback with peers, address any teaching-related concerns, and make progress with their Associate Fellowship (AFHEA) applications. Participants will also be able to book 1-2-1 consultations with a tutor to get feedback on their applications.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify aspects of good teaching practice as well as areas which can be developed further.
- Compare teaching styles and methods across different disciplines.
- Assess your application for Associate Fellowship and revise as appropriate.
- Reflect on your teaching and learning practice using some key concepts from the literature.
Please note - To gain the credit participants need to fully participate in the retreat.
Pre-requisites to attend
- Have successfully completed the two GTAP core courses: Introduction to Learning and Teaching and Introduction to Assessment and Feedback for Learning.
- Have attended the course Applying for Associate Fellowship
- Gained sufficient teaching experience in the term(s) prior to the retreat
- Be in the process of applying for Associate Fellowship (AFHEA)
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On. Bookings will close one week before each live session.