COVID-19: Professional Development Programme Delivery
Please note that the Professional Development Programme will be delivered remotely for the remainder of the 2019/20 academic session. Wherever possible, we will be sticking to previously timetabled courses, however, please check programme/individual course pages for up-to-date information. Courses being delivered remotely will be clearly signposted on the website and should be booked in the usual way, using the online form.
It should be noted that not all courses on the programme are suitable for remote delivery, please contact the Graduate School if a course you are interested in is not currently available.
As a researcher you are expected to be a professional who can effectively work in the research environment and beyond utilising a range.
The courses in this programme allow you to understand your working preferences and strengths, improve your ability to deal with research challenges and manage the research process. Courses available develop your ability to work effectively alone and with others.
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and an understanding of others
- Develop your communication skills for successful interactions
- Develop your ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Develop strategies for managing the challenges of the PhD
- Utilise resources effectively to aid the successful completion of your PhD