COVID-19: Professional Development Programme Delivery
Please note that the Professional Development Programme will be delivered remotely for the remainder of the 2019/20 academic session. Wherever possible, we will be sticking to previously timetabled courses, however, please check programme/individual course pages for up-to-date information. Courses being delivered remotely will be clearly signposted on the website and should be booked in the usual way, using the online form.
It should be noted that not all courses on the programme are suitable for remote delivery, please contact the Graduate School if a course you are interested in is not currently available.
As doctoral researchers, you are asked to think ahead, this can be difficult when uncertainty is core to research. Doctoral alumni say they wish they had thought more about what they wanted to do, and how best to do it. These student centred, evidence informed courses include the sharing of experience and networking to gain knowhow for your PhD and beyond.
The aims of the ‘Professional Progression Programme’are to enhance your ability to:
- Clarify your interests (within your research and beyond).
- Use strategies to rationalise and communicate your views and experience.
- Gain networks, knowhow and signposting to relevant contacts and resources.
- Devise an approach, appropriate for you, to explore what you want to do.
- Evaluate how best to prepare for and attain your goals.