Science Communication Unit
Our one-year MSc programmes in Science Communication and Science Media Production are designed to fast track you into a range of jobs in the media, museums and communications.
Our courses were the first of their kind in Europe and have been running for over 20 years. We offer a unique balance of technical skills training and thought-provoking theoretical modules aimed at students with a background in science, engineering or medicine.
Our graduates find work in the media and other sectors of the communications industry, including:
- Broadcasting (BBC and independent TV companies)
- Print and online Journalism
- Policy organisations (e.g., parliament, Royal Society, Wellcome Trust)
- Public relations
- Communications departments within research organisations and industry
- Museums and science centres
- Campaign groups and research charities
Both masters programmes are based in our Science Communication Unit, whose work spans academic research and media practice.
We run a small PhD programme in science communication studies. If you are interested in doctoral study, it’s important to gain support for your application from your potential supervisor before making a formal application to the College.