Getting your CAS number
If you are joining the College in October 2017 your CAS will not be issued until July 2017 at the earliest.
If you are an overseas student and require a visa you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) from us for your visa appointment.
The steps to retrieving your CAS are:
- You will first need to meet all of the conditions of your offer.
- The College will give you access to the Student e-Service web portal.
- Undergraduates who hold an offer with the College will be given access to Student e-Service in June.
- Postgraduate applicants will be given access to Student e-Service two weeks after they submit their online application.
- Log in to your 'Student eService' account to upload a scanned copy of your valid passport (this is the passport you will be using to make your visa application).
- Your CAS number will be generated 2-3 days after all your conditions of offer have been completed.
- Log in to your 'Student eService' account > Go to the 'Personal Details' tab > 'Passport/Visa' page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see your CAS number.
Please ensure that you allow enough time to meet your conditions and apply for a visa before the start date of your programme of study.
Please note that you can only apply for a visa 3 months before the start of your programme. Normally, Imperial will only issue your CAS once you are able to apply for your visa. Therefore, if you are joining the College in October and you have met all the conditions associated with your offer, you are likely to receive your CAS from July onwards.
For advice on completing your Visa application once your CAS has been issued, please visit the International Student Support team webpages.