School of Medicine
Total expected intake
345 (2019 entry)
Applications : Admissions ratio
9 : 1 (for 2017 entry)
6th in the UK
About the School
At Imperial, we have access to a very large and diverse patient population through the Faculty of Medicine’s links to a wide range of National Health Service (NHS) Trusts, hospitals and clinics both in and outside London.This gives our students the chance to gain a variety of clinical experience from the very start of their studies.
The Faculty itself is one of the largest in Europe, with experts at the cutting edge of research that benefits patients and populations worldwide. Our students have the chance to learn alongside these researchers and clinicians and to undertake their own research under their supervision.
Imperial College London Medicine courses:
- MBBS/BSc Medicine 6 years (UCAS code A100)
- MBBS Graduate Medicine 5 years (A109)
- Intercalated PhD option for Medical Students 8/9 years*
*Apply initially for MBBS/BSc Medicine (A100) or MBBS Graduate Medicine (A109)
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine course:
- Five-year MBBS at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore*
*Apply through Nanyang Technological University's online application portal
Medical Biosciences courses:
If you are studying at another UK or Irish medical or veterinary school, you can apply to join Imperial College London for one year to join our School's integrated BSc programme.
You will join fourth-year students on our MBBS Medicine course for your chosen intercalated BSc pathway, which are listed below:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Global Health
- Humanities, Philosophy and Law
- Immunity and Infection
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Reproductive and Developmental Sciences
- Translational Respiratory Medicine
- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
If you are an international student, transferring to a different course could have an impact on your Tier 4 visa. Please visit our International Student Support webpage for further information.