Department of Bioengineering
Total expected intake
170 (2020 entry)
Applications : Admissions ratio
3 : 1 (based on 2018 entry data)
3rd in the UK
About the Department
Imperial’s Department of Bioengineering is ranked as one of top places in the world to study this rapidly evolving field. Of all of the engineering disciplines, none has the power to transform lives quite so dramatically as Bioengineering.
You will study many subjects, including engineering mathematics, mechanics, molecular engineering, electronic engineering, physiology, programming and design.
You will also have access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities. These are designed to support practical activities across the subjects covered by this field. This creates an interdisciplinary community that you will be very much part of.
Four-year courses (240 ECTS):
- MEng Biomedical Engineering (BH9C)
- MEng Biomedical Engineering with a Year Abroad (apply to MEng Biomedical Engineering)
- MEng Molecular Bioengineering (H160)
- MEng Molecular Bioengineering with a Year Abroad (apply to MEng Molecular Bioengineering)
Five-year course (300 ECTS):
- MEng Biomedical Engineering with a Year in Industry (apply to MEng Biomedical Engineering)
- MEng Molecular Bioengineering with a Year in Industry (apply to MEng Molecular Bioengineering)
If you are an international student, transferring to a different course could have an impact on your Tier 4 visa. Please visit our International Student Support webpage for further information.