A growing number of external organisations offer scholarships, helping you successfully complete your studies.
Our scholarships search tool
Search all the scholarships that we administer in one place.
External scholarships and awards
There are many external scholarships and awards you can apply for. You can use scholarship search engines to help find an award for you.
Here are some examples:
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA)
- British Council Guide to Scholarships
- The Scholarship Hub
Imperial College London has no direct involvement in these search tools – we provide this list for information purposes only.
Tips for applying
- Research in advance: Look at opportunities at least a year before your studies start. This gives you the widest range of options. You’ll also have more time to spend improving and tailoring your applications.
- Find your referees: Identify suitable referees who can vouch for your qualities with authority. Having them ready helps you apply early.
- Apply for lots of opportunities: Apply for as many opportunities as possible, if you are eligible for them. This gives you the best chance of securing funding.
- Apply early: Applications often close in the year before your course starts. Some awards are even given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Have a backup plan: Scholarships are highly competitive, so there is always a chance that your applications won’t be successful. Make sure you look for other sources of funding in advance.