There have been several spam emails sent to students at Imperial and interested in imperial, regarding a bursary and requesting sensitive information.
Please follow the guidelines below to responding to an email you believe to be from Imperial:
- All email addresses will end in @imperial.ac.uk
- We will never ask you for your mother’s maiden name, your National Insurance number, your bank card number or the security number on the back of your card
- All correspondence will address you by your name
- All correspondence will be signed by a named person, not a position title
- You do not need to apply for a bursary through Imperial, you only ever submit your details to Student Finance England (SAAS, SFNI or SFW etc)