Travelling to Imperial
How to find us
We advise using public transport to travel to campus, as parking in the area is extremely limited. There is no public parking on campus and parking around the campus is very expensive due to its central London location.
The nearest Underground station is South Kensington, on the District, Circle and Piccadilly lines. From South Kensington Station, the campus is only a five minute walk. Either follow the subway signposted to the museums or walk north up Exhibition Road. The College is next to the Science Museum.
- Plan your route with the Transport for London journey planner.
Our South Kensington Campus is easily accessible by bus. A number of routes pass within easy walking distance of the campus:
- 9 Aldwych - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 10 Kings Cross Station - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 52 Victoria Bus Station - Willesden Bus Garage, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 360 Elephant and Castle Station - Prince Consort Rd, alight at Prince Consort Rd
- 14 Tottenham Court Road - Putney Heath, alight at South Kensington Station
- 49 Battersea Rise - Shepherd's Bush Grn, alight at South Kensington Station
- 70 Acton - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 74 Baker Street Station - Putney, alight at South Kensington Station
- 345 Peckham Bus Station - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 414 Maida Vale - Putney Bridge, alight at South Kensington Station
- 430 South Kensington Station - Minstead Gardens SW15
From London City Airport
Take the DLR to Canning Town, then change to the London Underground. Take the Jubilee line to Green Park and the Piccadilly line to South Kensington (journey time 40 minutes) .
From Heathrow airport
Heathrow Express, 15 mins to Paddington mainline station, then take the London Underground Circle line to South Kensington.
Or take the London Underground directly from Heathrow to South Kensington station on the Piccadilly Line (50 minutes travelling time).
From Gatwick airport
Gatwick Express, 30 mins to Victoria mainline station, then take the London Underground District or Circle line to South Kensington.
Alternatively, take a national rail train to Victoria station (journey time 40 minutes) and then continue by London Underground.
From Stansted airport
Stansted Express, 50 mins to Liverpool Street main line station, and then take the London Underground Circle line to South Kensington.
Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports are some distance from London and a taxi is not recommended for the whole journey. However, if you have to travel by taxi, establish the cost before you get in.
Take a British Rail train from the port of entry to London (Harwich to London journey time 1hr 30 mins; Dover to London journey time up to 2hrs) and then travel by Underground to South Kensington Station.
Car parking at the South Kensington Campus is severely restricted and you are advised not to bring a car unless permission has been given.
The car park is open to the public from 18.00 to midnight on weekdays and from 08.00 to midnight on weekends. Please note that overnight parking is not permitted. Parking in the streets surrounding the College is at pay and display or parking meters for limited periods only.
The postcode to use for satellite navigation to the South Kensington car park is SW7 2BX. Entry is via Exhibition Road.