Campus visits for school groups
School group visits to our South Kensington Campus are organised by our Student Recruitment team and are available from Monday to Friday between 9.30 and 17.00.
Students can find out about what is on offer at Imperial as well as hear first-hand from some of our current students about student life.
We offer different types of visits depending on the age group of the students:
Visits available for different age groups
16–18 year olds
For students aged 16–18 (Year 11–13 in UK schools), we can provide a presentation and/or campus tour. The visit lasts up to two hours and may include:
- A tour of the campus with current Imperial students
- A tour of subject specific facilities i.e. laboratories (subject to availability)
- Presentation by a member of staff from the Student Recruitment team:
- Introduction to Imperial presentation
- How to choose a course
- Personal statements
- Student finance (UK and EU students versions)
- Student finance (International students version)
- Student life
13–15 year olds
For students aged 13–15 (Years 9 and 10 in UK schools), we arrange a campus tour. This will last approximately one hour and includes some key campus locations including Imperial College Union, the gym and the library.
Tours are conducted by our current students and will give students the chance to find out about what it is like to study at Imperial.
12 years and under
Due to the level of demand for school visits to Imperial, the Student Recruitment team is unable to offer visits for pupils who are 12 years old and under (Year 8 and under in UK schools).
However, you may be interested in the range of in-school activities run by our Outreach team.
How to book a visit
To book a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Possible date and time of visit
- Name of school, college or university
- Number of students/teachers in the group
- Age range of students
- Qualifications currently studied by the students
- Level of English language (for international groups)
- If a presentation is required
- Please indicate the subject areas that the students are interested in: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Medicine or other subjects. Please note that programmes in Business are only offered at postgraduate level at Imperial.
A member of staff will then contact you to discuss the visit. Please note that visits are subject to availability of staff and there may be times that a visit cannot be offered on the date/time required.
Important information for groups
Imperial College London is a specialist university, focussing on science, engineering and medicine at undergraduate level. Due to the number of requests for visits we receive each year, we are only able to offer visits to Schools, Colleges and Universities with students interested in these subject areas. - see the full list of our undergraduate degrees.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer tours or presentations for independent tour groups or agencies. However, you are welcome to book on to attend our regular Wednesday tours if you are bringing 10 or less students.
For International schools, please note that these visits will be conducted in English and we are not able to provide translators. Students should have an intermediate level of English due to the Higher Education and technical terminology used during the presentation and tour.