Education for Sustainable Development
To provide all students with learning opportunities to develop their understanding of sustainability and equip them with the skills and resources needed to apply their learning to contribute to a more sustainable society.
- continue to be have a positive impact on society through our world leading education;
- train future leaders in sustainability and equip our students with the resources to act sustainably;
- review the current curricula (with support from programme and module leads) to suggest ways to incorporate more sustainability and action on climate change;
- incorporate sustainability into induction programmes for every new student and member of staff;
- engage with alumni in positions of impact related to sustainability and climate change;
- review teaching laboratory infrastructure and operations to make them more sustainable, e.g. by reducing solvent use;
- develop the leaders of tomorrow, ensuring they have the knowledge and skills they will need to drive change for a better world.
Measures of progress
- Increase in number of departments to have an Education for Sustainable Development curriculum plan to incorporate more sustainability into their modules and degree programmes;
- Increase in number of courses and departments that have sustainability integrated into inductions and throughout the degree course;
- Increase in number of Imperial alumni driving sustainability via senior positions in business, government and civil society.