Policy engagement seminars
The Forum organises internal seminars for Imperial researchers which focus on building political engagement expertise.
We recommend you attend the sessions in order (level 1, 2 and 3). However we understand that some researchers have more knowledge and experience of engaging with policy than others, so you may feel it is appropriate to skip level 1 for the later seminars. If you have any questions about this, feel free to get in touch.
If you would like to attend please let us know.
Upcoming policy engagement seminars
Level 1: Introduction to policy engagement
In this introductory seminar, we will discuss the policy-making process, key decision-makers, how to influence them and how The Forum can help. Please note this focuses on national policy making in the UK - we will not cover local or international policy engagement. Tea and coffee will be provided.
- Friday 14 February 2020, 13.45-16.00, Faculty room 3.19
- Friday 13 March 2020, 13.45-16.00, Faculty Boardroom
- Friday 17 April 2020, 13.45-16.00, Faculty Boardroom
- Thursday 14 May 2020, 13.45-16.00, Faculty Boardroom
Level 2: Communicating your research
In this smaller group session we will look at best practice in drafting policy briefings and evidence submissions. Please bring along a one page draft, outlining your research, for a policy audience. Feel free to bring your lunch - tea and coffee will be provided.
- Tuesday 4 February 2020, 12.30-13.30, Faculty room 3.10
- Tuesday 17 March 2020, 12.30-13.30, Faculty room 3.11
- Tuesday 21 April 2020, 12.30-13.30, Faculty room 3.10
Level 3: Introduction to international policy engagement
- 2020 dates to be announced soon.
Level 3: Introduction to local government
This session will introduce you to the layers of local government and what you can do to influence them. Feel free to bring your lunch - tea and coffee will be provided.
- Tuesday 28 April 2020, 12.00-13.00, Faculty room 3.19