Summer Vacation Accommodation : 2017

Before applying for College Summer Vacation Student Accommodation a UROP participant must possess a CID number (see here).

However, accommodation is not guaranteed for any UROP participant

Please note the following important information:

  • Summer Vacation Accommodation in a College hall of residence covers the period 1/2 July 2017 to 22 September 2017.
  • There is one application procedure for summer vacation accommodation in Imperial College halls of residence (Imperial College students and students of undergraduate standing from other universities undertaking UROP).
  • Rooms may be available (subject to availability). You are advised to apply at the earliest possible opportunity.
  • UROP participants, as with Imperial College undergraduates, are normally charged competitive rates for summer vacation accommodation (in comparison to commercial customers). Twin and single rooms are normally available (ensuite and non-ensuite).  The halls of residences to be used are often located within reasonable walking distance of the South Kensington Campus (although this cannot be guaranteed). This information is subject to change.


Term-Time Accommodation (Academic Year 2016-17)

If you arrange a UROP research experience to commence during Imperial College's academic year (2016-17 : 1 0ctober 2016 to 30 June 2017), then it may be possible for the College's Student Hub to offer you a room (Term-Time). However, this is not guaranteed. Before applying for College Summer Vacation Student Accommodation you must possess a CID number (see here).

Private Sector Accommodation

You are advised, once you have a College login/password to review the information on the Imperial College Student Hub website before commencing your search.

Special Notices

  • If your UROP continues after 30 June 2017 (end of the 2016-17 academic year) consult the information above on Student Summer Vacation Accommodation.
  • If your UROP continues after 22 September 2017 you will find that the College will not normally be able to assist you with College term-time accommodation. You are advised to consult the Student Hub about Private Sector Accommodation.
  • Please note: If you are a student who would require a student visa or short-term study visa in order to undertake your research experience then you will not be eligible to do so as a UROP participant. Please view the information here.