Our research interests within clinical research include the following areas:
- Genetic basis and biology of atherosclerosis, vasculitis, arterio-venous malformations and pulmonary hypertension
- Role of the micro-vasculature in central nervous system disease, including dementia
- Nutritional aspects of vascular health and disease
- Epidemiology of cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease biomarker development
- Pharmacology of vascular function
- Whole-body and intravascular imaging of vascular disease.
- New treatments for coagulation disorders
- Clinical trials in hypertension, coronary artery disease, vasculitis and vascular surgery
- Vascular biology of malaria
Researchers in this area
Dr Colin Bicknell, Professor Adolfo Bronstein, Dr Anne Burke-Gaffney, Professor Edwin Chilvers, Dr Aubrey Cunnington, Professor Alun Davies, Dr Ranil De Silva, Abbas Dehghan, Dr Paul Elliott, Professor Kim Fox, Professor Gary Frost, Dr Simon Gibbs, Dr Luke Howard, Dr Diego Kaski, Dr Ramzi Khamis, Professor Mike Laffan, Professor Tom Luscher, Professor Paul Matthews, Professor Raad Mohiaddin, Dr Declan O'Regan, Professor Dudley Pennell, Professor John Pepper, Professor Neil Poulter, Professor Sanjay Prasad, Mr Prakash Punjabi, Professor Charles Pusey, Professor Kosh Ray, Dr Chris Rhodes, Professor Peter Sever, Dr Joseph Shalhoub, Dr Claire Shovlin, Dr Shiranee Sriskandan, Professor Gabriel Steg, Professor Fred Tam, Professor Roland Veltkamp, Professor Martin Wilkins and Dr John Wort.