All Imperial postgraduates belong to the Graduate School which typically provides:
- Workshops covering: Personal and Research Effectiveness, Presentation and Communication Skills, Statistics and Writing Skills, Information Skills, Careers Courses and courses to help complete the PhD.
- A three-night residential course to enhance personal and research effectiveness.
- A two-day course for final year students covering thesis writing, careers planning and leadership.
- Distinguished Guest Lectures.
- Annual Research Student Symposia with student posters, prizes and an invited speaker.
This programme will run the following events which will have the additional benefit of promoting interactions between students across all years of the programme:
- An annual Away Day with presentations by students and a keynote speaker.
- Extensive seminar programmes and symposia, particularly those by CISBIO and BioMaths. The students may organise the seminars and dine with the speaker.
- Meetings at the Wellcome Trust where you will be informed about research opportunities and can meet students on other Wellcome programmes.