The next round of the Community Science Seed Fund will open in January 2020, at which point we will be looking to recruit Science Supporters.
What is the Community Science Seed Fund?
As part of the College’s commitment to engage and build links with the communities local to the new White City Campus, the Community Engagement team have launched a Community Science Seed Fund. This was created in response to the increasing number of requests from local groups and residents wanting to run science-related activities for their communities. It offers up to £2,000 of financial support and ‘in-kind’ project support for STEM projects led by community groups and local residents near our White City Campus.
The Community Science Seed Fund will:
- Assist local groups and residents in sharing the wonder of science and technology with their local communities
- Use the benefits of informal science learning to inspire our neighbours from all backgrounds and ages
- Create opportunities for Imperial academics and local residents to work together
- Help embed Imperial College London as a valuable part of the local community
Become a Seed Fund Science Supporter
We are looking for academics and PGR students from across the College who can give a couple hours a month to act as a scientific point of contact for the winning projects.
What is the role of a Science Supporter?
As a science supporter, your role will be to help guide and support the community project coordinators on the scientific elements of their project, this will involve:
- meeting with the project coordinator at the beginning, middle and end of their project to offer support, advice and put them in touch with people at the College who can help
- volunteering your time to help with activities, or promoting the opportunity to colleagues and students in your department
- general guidance around impact and sustainability/next steps
For more information, contact: email@example.com