Our new campus is already taking shape in White City, with several buildings already either open or under construction north of the Westway (A40).
- GradPad Wood Lane Studios – open since 2012, GradPad is home to around 600 postgraduate students.
- The Molecular Sciences Research Hub – when open in 2018, this building will house research from Imperial’s world-leading Department of Chemistry. It will help us to make new advances, such as artificial ‘leaves’ that can supply a home’s energy needs, or clothing that can monitor our bodies for signs of disease.
- Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB) – businesses are now moving into the I-HUB, which opened in October 2016 and offers office and laboratory space for companies that turn research into new products and services.
- The Michael Uren Biomedical Engineering Research Hub – due to open in 2019, the hub was made possible thanks to an unprecedented £40 million gift from Sir Michael Uren OBE and his foundation. This new space will bring together engineers, scientists and doctors to help solve some of the most complex medical challenges of our time. Here, researchers will be developing new ways to help the body to heal itself, or designing prosthetics for people who have injured or lost their limbs.
- Residential building – currently under construction, the building will provide 192 new homes, including 59 affordable apartments for Imperial staff.
- Offices – Imperial also has planning permission for two further office buildings