Contributing to the local area
As we take the next step in completing the north part of the White City Campus, we can update you on some of the benefits that the campus will bring to the local community.
Through our latest plans, some benefits will be delivered sooner, and others in the longer term.
- Developing more detailed plans for the landscaping and public realm for the whole site (north and south of the Westway), including the pedestrian links into our site from Shinfield Street and Wood Lane
- Working on new booking arrangements for Brickfields Community Hall to make it easier for local residents to use this facility
Improvements on Wood Lane
The updated plans for plots A and G would:
- Create an open and transparent ground floor, providing a more attractive gateway into and out of the campus on Wood Lane
- Provide new cafés and restaurants, adding more activity to Wood Lane and opening out on to the public realm
Other community commitments
- We’re looking at the demand for nursery centre provision carefully as part of Imperial’s wider childcare strategy, taking a phased approach as the community grows. We don’t currently believe there is enough demand for a nursery on the north site – instead, we are exploring the potential to deliver it on the south site in the longer term, while also building capacity at our existing nursery facility.
- We are progressing other S106 commitments, including a health centre and an educational outreach facility.
We are continuing our efforts to deliver the underpass between our site and Latimer Road in RBKC by working with LBHF, RBKC, the Westway Trust and Network Rail. We have also made a number of financial contributions, including more than £250,000 for local transport
Indicative view of buildings A and G from Wood Lane (looking south)
Typical ground floor layout plan