Supporting and promoting women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) at Imperial College London
The WOMENinSTEM@IC group is the official group at Imperial College London affiliated to the Women's Engineering Society (WES).
Our goals are to:
- Inspire and support girls and women to achieve their full potential as engineers, applied scientists and technical leaders;
- Provide a platform for personal and professional growth (via mentorship, outreach, networking and counselling);
- Improve the retention of young women STEM graduates in the sciences by creating a warm and supportive networking space;
- Increase the exchange of ideas between departments at Imperial, with a focus on enhancing career opportunities of all post-graduate students and staff;
- Facilitate dialogue, connections and collaborations between all group stakeholders (industrial partners, academia, students and staff) and challenging partners to further diversity within their organisation.
BlogMore from Blog
We are hosting a Logo Competition! WomeninSTEM@Imperial is growing and we want you to be involved! Your design could be in all our branding and…
Lady Barbara Judge
A few days ago the WOMENinSTEM@IC committee heard the sad news that Lady Barbara Judge, CBE, passed away after a battle with pancreatic cancer.…
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2020 – highlights!
On past 11th of February, we team-up with MatSoc and Syracuse University London for a celebration of the International Day of Women and Girls…
events, 2020, ElectrifyingWomen, STEM, womeninstem
In celebration of International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2020, we have partnered up with MatSoc (the Materials society) to host a panel…