Supporting and promoting women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) at Imperial College London
The WOMENinSTEM@IC group is the official group at Imperial College London affiliated to the Women's Engineering Society (WES).
Our goals are to:
- Inspire and support girls and women to achieve their full potential as engineers, applied scientists and technical leaders;
- Provide a platform for personal and professional growth (via mentorship, outreach, networking and counselling);
- Improve the retention of young women STEM graduates in the sciences by creating a warm and supportive networking space;
- Increase the exchange of ideas between departments at Imperial, with a focus on enhancing career opportunities of all post-graduate students and staff;
- Facilitate dialogue, connections and collaborations between all group stakeholders (industrial partners, academia, students and staff) and challenging partners to further diversity within their organisation.