Applications for the Networking Fund are open on a rolling basis.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with four deadlines per annum, the next deadline is 6 March 2020.
Applications for the Networking Fund are open on a rolling basis. The next deadline will be is 6 March 2020.
Crick and university partners' staff and students can now apply for financial support for networking, with up to £3,000 available per project.
The Crick and its university partners operate a Networking Fund to support staff and students from the Crick, UCL, Imperial and King’s to establish and develop connections across disciplinary boundaries to lead to fruitful research collaborations and advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
Purpose of the networking fund
- Create and promote a range of new networking events for the Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the Partnership and beyond their own discipline through joint events.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could be potentially included in joint research funding applications.
- Encourage applications that cross disciplinary boundaries, particularly at the Clinical and Physical Sciences interfaces.
- Foster the use and building of skills for those directly involved in these funded initiatives (e.g. communication and organisational skills, leadership, etc.).
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
Desired Networking Fund proposal outcomes
Applicants are asked to demonstrate how the funding will be used to promote networking through events that adhere to the principles set out above.
Supported events may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as workshops, seminars and small-scale symposia;
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals;
- The development of communication activities e.g. development of webpages, news forums and case studies, for interest groups which may be time-restricted (i.e. clinical staff);
- Public engagement activities and events
Projects are expected to build links between the Crick and its partner Universities. More information on eligibility and selection criteria can be found in the application guidelines.
Application deadline Friday 6 March 2020
Please note that both the application form and guidelines have been updated since the last call (October 2019).
Staff interested in applying are encouraged to contact the Imperial Crick team in the first instance to discuss their application, then the application form on the left-hand side of this page should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with the upcoming deadlines below:
- 6 March 2020
Applications will be considered by a Networking Fund Committee with representation from each University partner and the Crick. Please review the guidance notes for eligibility.
Any queries may be directed to the Imperial Crick team who will be happy to assist.