Applications for the 2019/20 Networking Fund are closed.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with four deadlines per annum, the next deadline will be in 2020.
Applications for the Networking Fund are now closed.
The Crick partnership supports a Networking Fund designed to enable staff and students from the University partners to establish and develop connections across disciplinary boundaries, to lead to fruitful research collaborations, and to advance the mission of Discovery without Boundaries.
The Networking Fund has been introduced to:
- Create and promote a range of new networking events for the Crick and HEI researchers to build professional networks within the Partnership and beyond their own discipline through joint events.
- Support interdisciplinary researchers to make connections, share and develop ideas that could be potentially included in joint research funding applications.
- Encourage applications that cross disciplinary boundaries, particularly at the Clinical and Physical Sciences interfaces.
- Foster the use and building of skills for those directly involved in these funded initiatives (e.g. communication and organisational skills, leadership, etc.).
These projects should primarily benefit the Crick and partner university staff and students, but networking events could include external contacts from other universities, industry, policy or other organisations where appropriate.
The fund holds £40k and will support networking activities up to £3k. Example activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking events such as workshops, seminars and symposia;
- The establishment of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals;
- The development of communication activities e.g. development of webpages, news forums and case studies, for interest groups which may be time restricted (i.e. clinical staff);
- Public engagement activities and events
Please note that projects are expected to build links between the Crick and its partner Universities, applications where the sole use of the award is to fund international meetings are unlikely to be supported.
Staff interested in applying are encouraged to contact the Imperial Crick team in the first instance to discuss their application, then the application form on the left hand side of this page should be submitted to email@example.com.
The Networking Fund has a rolling call for applications with the upcoming deadlines below:
- TBC (c. February 2020)
Applications will be considered by a Networking Fund Committee with representation from each University partner and the Crick. Please review the guidance notes for eligibility.
Any queries may be directed to the Imperial Crick team who will be happy to assist.