Group Leader Recruitment
The group leader recruitment call closed on 9 January 2020.
We are looking to recruit engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians, chemists or physicists who:
- Apply their research to biomedicine
- Wish to set up an independent research programme at the Crick but linked to a department at a partner university (Imperial, King's and UCL).
Successful candidates will be appointed to a university department, but will establish their main research base at the Crick for six years. The Crick will provide:
- Core-funded research support positions
- Laboratory space and consumables
- Access to state-of-the-art technology facilities
At the end of the six years, appointees will transfer their main research base to the university department with the opportunity of an ongoing Crick affiliation.
At Imperial we are particularly interested in receiving applicants from the following disciplines. We have named champions in these departments for you to contact to learn more about this opportunity:
- Materials Science: Alex Porter
- Bioengineering: Simon Schultz
- Mathematics: Mauricio Barahona
- Chemical Engineering: Nilay Shah
More information on this opportunity can be found on the Early career physical science group leaders page of the Crick website.
Any queries can be directed to the Imperial Crick team.