Staff guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
We understand this is a challenging time for our staff community and we want to make sure you have access to the support and guidance you need. We will keep you informed of the latest information by email - in the COVID-19 updates and messages from the President and Provost - as well as via the website. You can see the archive of messages to staff, students and alumni.
This page includes information on HR guidance, returning to campus, working remotely, safety, wellbeing, research, and other guidance including on travel.
- Visit the HR webpage for information on new and amended HR policies relating to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- View guidance for managers and staff who are working or returning to work at College premises during COVID-19, including on travel during lockdown.
- View specific work location guidance for managers and staff. (Log in required).
- View guidance on leadership and managing during COVID-19, including on how best to engage with staff and teams.
Rethinking the workplace – returning to campus
This page includes findings and recommendations from the Return to Campus working group, and how you can have your say on the future of how we work at Imperial.
You should only be undertaking business travel if it is essential and approved by your department or division. View FAQs on business travel during COVID-19.
If you are considering travelling overseas for personal reasons, you should make sure that if you need to self-isolate when you return, this does not affect your work duties. Please speak to your line manager if you are unsure.
- View our COVID-19 safety homepage or jump to safety policies and checklists for staff.
- Find out about the testing Imperial offers, including how to book a PCR test and how to report a LFD test.
- Find out about the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub and what to do if you have symptoms or a positive test result.
- Guidance on wellbeing when remote working
- Free and confidential help from Confidential Care, our Employee Assistance Provider
- Support from the Chaplaincy Multi-Faith Centre, including meditation sessions and bereavement
- Mental Health First Aiders are trained to listen, and to signpost to other sources of help
- Move Imperial are running their Move From Home campaign
If you are working from home, we want to make sure you have the resources and support you need.
- Events: View the Return of events to campus framework to find out what events activities are permitted at different stages of the government's roadmap. You can also view guidance on managing postponed or cancelled events.
- Research: Visit the Research Office webpages for guidance on research applications and awards and links to funder guidance on the impact of COVID-19 on research funding.
- Car parking: Existing permits will remain temporarily suspended and parking will be prioritised for those who are required on campus.