Staff guidance on COVID-19 (coronavirus)
We understand this is a challenging time for our staff community and we want to make sure you have access to the support and guidance you need.
This page includes information for colleagues on HR guidance, support and tools for remote working, safety, your wellbeing, plus information on research and campus operations.
Visit the HR webpage for guidance on:
- Coronavirus-related absence and sickness
- Remote working
- Working overseas
- New starters
- Coronavirus immigration guidance
- Right to work checks
All who can work from home will need to continue to do so, and so we want to make sure you have the resources and support you need.
- View the COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy, which covers measures the College is taking and your responsibilities
- View the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Protocol, which covers what you should do if you develop COVID-19 symptoms when you've been on campus
- View frequently asked questions about safety on campus, including on face coverings and fire safety
- Guidance on wellbeing when remote working
- Free and confidential help from Confidential Care, our Employee Assistance Provider
- Support from the Chaplaincy Multi-Faith Centre, including meditation sessions and bereavement
- Mental Health First Aiders are trained to listen, reassure and respond, and to signpost to other sources of help where needed
- Move Imperial have launched their Move From Home campaign – a one-stop guide for you and your family to keep active at home
Visit the Research Office webpages for guidance on research applications and awards and links to funder guidance on the impact of coronavirus on research funding.
We are re-opening our research labs in line with social distancing where possible. Please only come to campus if you have been advised to do so by your Head of Department or equivalent.
The Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre is extending its support services to postdocs and fellows whose contracts are due to end. Those with contract end dates falling between March 2020 – June 2020 will be able to access the Centre’s services for up to three months from their contract end date.
Events and meetings on campus
All non-essential events and meetings should be held remotely or postponed/cancelled until further notice. Access more information and guidance
Deliveries to campus
Deliveries will be directed to the current active stores by Security. This includes temperature-sensitive deliveries for essential research. If you are expecting a large delivery or anything exceptional to arrive, please contact Jen Wiseman as far in advance as you can. Find out more about managing deliveries to campus
Currently, members of staff that have been deemed essential are able to park free of charge at the South Kensington Campus. Local arrangements are made wherever possible to facilitate essential staff.