Quarantining once you arrive in England
This page provides guidance on what to do while you are quarantining after arriving in England, and how to access support and services during and after your quarantine period.
Once you have arrived, you are required to update your status on MyImperial by completing the COVID-19 self declaration form and selecting the appropriate option:
- Yes, I have travelled from a country on the UK government restricted list and I am quarantining in a government approved hotel
- Yes, I have travelled from outside the UK and I am currently quarantining in accordance with UK government guidance
- No, I have not travelled from a country that requires quarantining or self-isolation on my return to the UK
If you test positive on either of your quarantine tests you must complete the COVID-19 self declaration form on MyImperial to notify the College’s COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub as well as registering the result with NHS Test and Trace. This will enable us to provide you with the support you need, including free meal deliveries if you are living in College halls of residence.
support during and after quarantine
Accessing food while quarantining
- You can access urgent healthcare assistance via NHS 111 - you do not need to be registered with a doctor to use this service.
- You should register with a doctor as soon as you can after arriving in the UK.
- Once you have completed your quarantine period, you can access our asymptomatic COVID-19 testing options.
Biometric Residence Permits and registering with the police
Students on a study visa may be issued with a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If your card is coming to the College you will be emailed with more information when it arrives. You can contact the International Student Support team with any questions.
Students arriving from certain countries will need to register with the police. Visit our police registration webpage for up to date information.
- If you are moving into one of the College's halls of residence, visit our webpage which details arrival information for halls.
- Our postgraduate accommodation webpage has information about accommodation in London.
- You should open a UK bank account as soon as you can after arriving in the UK but please complete any required period of quarantine first.
- You may wish to get a UK sim card for your phone when you arrive to help you stay connected. This article explains how to access a UK mobile phone or sim card.
- You should collect your College ID card once you have completed your quarantine period, if it has not already been issued to you.