LFD Collect is a new service which will be on offer for June 2021.
If you are attending campus regularly and/or you live in halls of residence and you choose to use LFD Collect for self-testing at home, you should take two tests per week.
To use LFD Collect, you just need to visit one of our collection points on our campuses and in halls of residence (full list below). You will be given a box of seven lateral flow device tests, which you can then take at home.
We are offering this collection service as part of a scheme organised by the government’s Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). When you collect your tests, you will be asked to provide your name and telephone number. You can view our privacy notice [pdf] to see how your data will be used.
If you prefer, you can access the government scheme directly and order LFD rapid tests to be delivered to you at home.
Campus collection points
- Hammersmith – ICTEM entrance
- Silwood Park – Security/main entrance
- South Kensington – Main entrance
- White City – MSRH entrance
Halls collection points
- Evelyn Gardens
- Kemp Porter
- Pembridge Gardens
- Wilson House
Students living at Putney Boathouse and Parsons House will be notified of collection arrangements, but any queries should be raised with your Hall Supervisor.
Opening times will be locally arranged – please check with the collection point.
Reporting your results
Always report every result – whatever it is.
Report every positive or negative result to the NHS and on MyImperial on the day you take the test (and no later than 24 hours later). Try to do it as soon as you get the result.
If you get a void result you should report it to the NHS, before taking another test and reporting that result to the NHS and on MyImperial.
You must do this regardless of:
- How you obtained the test – from an Imperial collection point, your local pharmacy or via the government webpage
- Where you are based – attending campus or studying/working remotely.
Reporting to Imperial
- Log into MyImperial and click on the ‘COVID Rapid testing reporting’ icon.
- Complete the three questions and click ‘Save and finish’.
- If your test result is positive, follow the steps on the COVID-19 Contact Tracing Hub webpages.
Please note that the form may not work if you are using Internet Explorer.
Responding to question 3 about attending campus
- If you live in halls of residence and have not attended any other campus site, you should respond ‘No’.
- If you are a medical student on placement at hospital sites and have not attended any other campus site, you should respond ‘No’.
Reporting to the NHS
Complete the online form, following the guidance below for how to answer specific questions.
Who was the test for?
Please select ‘A nursery, school, college, university, childcare provider or other education provider’.
Which of these best describes you?
- If you are a member of staff or a contractor, select ‘I work for a nursery, school, college, university, childcare provider or other education provider (teaching and other staff)’
- If you are a student, select ‘I go to school, college or university (students or pupils)’
What’s the name or postcode of the school, college or university?
Search for ‘Imperial College London’ and select ‘Imperial College London: IPCL (SW7 2AZ)’.