Short Course Quality Committee
Terms of reference
Established by Senate in December 2014, the purpose of the Short Course Quality Committee (SCQC) is to provide quality assurance oversight for courses that do not result in the award of the College but that bear the name of the College.
The Committee’s remit excludes the Graduate School’s professional skills development programme and Careers Service’s training programme which are quality assured separately.
The SCQC is a sub-committee of the Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee (QAEC), which meets termly and which reports to QAEC.
- To maintain an overview of the quality, standards and enhancement of College’s short course activities.
- To approve new short courses offered by departments and centres.
- To approve modifications to existing short courses.
- To appoint examiners, agree examination board arrangements and consider external examiner reports where appropriate.
- To undertake periodic reviews of short course provision.
- To advise on modifications to College regulations and procedures that affect short course provision.
- To oversee the results of evaluations and feedback on short courses activity and make recommendations for action where appropriate.
- To receive statistics on admissions, attendance, completion rates, withdrawals, examination irregularities (including cases of plagiarism), student complaints and appeals, this may be in the form of an annual report from each centre/department.
- To advise QAEC on developments in UK and international short course provision.
- To ensure the College’s Short Course Catalogue is accurate.
Constitution and membership
- Professor Emma McCoy (Chair)
- a senior representative for educational leadership from each faculty nominated by the Dean
- Head of the Centre for Continuing Professional Development
- Head of Educational Development Unit
- Head of Centre for Co-Curricular Studies
- the Director or Deputy Director of the Graduate School
- a student representative nominated by the ICU
- the Academic Registrar (or nominee)
- an Assistant Registrar as secretary; with power to co-opt.
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee dates 2015/16||Submission deadlines 2015/16|
|Thursday 8th October 2015||Thursday 24th September 2015|
|Thursday 17th December 2015||Thursday 3rd December 2015|
Agenda items (including papers) should be submitted to the committee secretary two weeks prior to the committee meeting. Papers will normally be circulated to members one week prior to the committee meeting.