Student Support and Wellbeing Committee
Terms of reference
The Student Support and Wellbeing Committee provides oversight of student support, health and wellbeing services. It regularly reviews the services available to all students on the basis of changing needs and growth in the student population and provides a means of co-ordination and to foster cooperation among student support services at the College and with the Imperial College Union.
- To provide oversight of student support, health and wellbeing services.
- To regularly review the services available to all students on the basis of changing needs and growth in the student population.
- To provide a means of co-ordination and to foster cooperation among student support services at the College and with the Imperial College Union.
- To make recommendations to Provost’s Board via the Vice Provost’s Advisory Group for Education (VPAGE).
- To report annually to Provost’s Board via the Vice Provost’s Advisory Group for Education (VPAGE).
- To advise the Senate on issues relevant to the Committee’s business.
- To receive regular reports from the Residential Life Committee.
Prior to 2015-6, this committee was known as the Student Welfare Committee.
Constitution and membership
- Director of Student Services (Chair)
- Chair of the EYEC Committee
- Chair of the Residential Life Committee
- College Chaplain
- College Tutors
- Director of Occupational Health
- Head of Residential Services and Support Operations
- Head of the Centre for Academic English
- Head of the Statistical Advisory Service
- Head of Sport Imperial
- Head of the Student Counselling and Mental Health Service
- ICU Deputy President (Welfare)
- ICU Education and Welfare Manager
- ICU President
- ICU Student Advisor
- International Student Support Representative
- Assistant Registrar (Student Financial Support)
- Senior Tutors' Representative
- Senior Welfare Tutor (Medicine)
- Student Hub Manage
- Hall Wardens
|Hannah Bannister||Director of Student Services (Chair)|
|Debra Ogden||Deputy Director of Student Services|
|Jess Key||EA to Director of Student Services|
|Dr Benita Cox||Business School Faculty Senior Tutor|
|Prof John Seddon||Natural Sciences Faculty Senior Tutor|
|Dr Lorraine Craig||Engineering Faculty Senior Tutor|
|Dr Jeffrey Vernon||Medicine Faculty Senior Tutor|
|Dr Julier Hillier||Senior Lecturer Medicine|
|Rev Andrew Willson||College Chaplain|
|David Ashton||Academic Registrar|
|James Balloch||Deputy Academic Registrar|
|Claire O'Brien||Director of Occupational Health|
|Sarah Freedman||Imperial College Health Centre|
|Paul Noke||Head of Residential Services and Support Operations|
|Mary Bown||Head of the Disability Advisory Service|
|Lizzie Huckle||Head of International Student Support|
|Thomas Pearson||Student Financial Support Manager|
|Elaine Homer||Centre for Academic English Administrator|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||ICU Advice Centre|
|Ashley Brooks||ICU Deputy President (Education)|
|Sue Mannion||Student Hub Manager|
|Michael Swan||Senior Student Hub Adviser|
|Dr Daniel Balint||Hall Warden|
|Dr Monica Marinescu||Hall Warden|
|Dr Mark Kennedy||Hall Warden|
|Dr Stamatia Giannarou||Hall Warden|
|Professor Simone Buitendijk||Vice Provost (Education)|
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee dates (Academic year 2018/19)||Submission deadlines (Academic year 2018/19)|
|Monday 07 October 2019 (14:00 - 16:00)||Monday 30 September 2019|
|Monday 03 February 2020 (14:00 - 16:00)||Monday 27 January 2020|
|Monday 08 June 2020 (14:00 - 16:00)||Monday 01 June 2020|
Agenda items (including papers) should be submitted to the committee secretary two weeks prior to the committee meeting. Papers will normally be circulated to members one week prior to the committee meeting.
Academic Year 2018/19
Academic year 2017/18
Academic year 2016/17
Academic year 2015/16
Academic year 2014/15
Academic year 2013/14
Academic year 2012/13
For committee minutes prior to 2012/13, please contact the committee secretary.