Student Experience Committee
The Student Experience Committee is a sub-committee of the College Education committee co-chaired by the Vice-Provost (Education and Student Experience) and the Deputy President (Welfare) of the Imperial College Union. It works closely with the College Research Committee, on items relating to the research student experience and with the Operations Committee where there are operational considerations relating to and impacting the student experience and makes recommendations to the Education Committee to implement business to support the student experience. The Committee provides the opportunity for students to raise issues of particular concern or importance as they relate to the student experience.
Terms of Reference
- To develop strategies in partnership with students for enhancing and innovating our provision to provide an excellent student experience
- To consider the impact of decisions on all students, and to ensure an inclusive learning community, embedding equality and diversity into the student experience
- To oversee, develop and monitor the College Student Experience Survey and related action plans
- To receive and monitor any student experience elements of the National Student Survey, the Postgraduate Taught and Research Experience Survey and related departmental/faculty action plans
- To receive and monitor any student experience aspects of the Imperial College Union National Student Survey report and agreed actions
- To receive updates from the theme leads for
i. Research Culture
ii. Amenities & Infrastructure
iii. Extra-Curricular Life
iv: Wellbeing Support
v. Academic and Co-Curricular Experience
vi. Student Community
- To oversee the procedures which enable students to provide feedback on all aspects of their student experience
- To ensure the College meets its regulatory requirements regarding the quality of the student experience, including any related conditions of the Office for Students’ Regulatory Framework.
- Oversee an annual competitive benchmarking process to ensure the Imperial student experience meets best practice within the higher education sector
- Vice-Provost (Education and Student Experience), Co-Chair
- Deputy President (Welfare), Imperial College Union, Co-Chair
- Deputy President (Education), Imperial College Union
- Deputy President (Clubs and Societies), Imperial College Union
- Deputy President (Finance & Services), Imperial College Union
- President, Imperial College Union
- Vice-Deans (Education)
- Faculty Education Managers or nominee
- Assistant Provost (Learning and Teaching)
- Assistant Provost (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion)
- Associate Provost (Academic Planning)
- Head of Strategic Projects and Operations, Education Office
- Education Strategy Officer, Education Office
- Academic Registrar
- Faculty Senior Tutors
- Managing Director, Imperial College Union
- Director of Academic Services
- Director of Campus Services
- Director of Student Services
- Head of International Student Support
- Director of the Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication
- Director of Student Shapers
- Director of Library Services
- Director of the Graduate School
- Chairs of the sub-committees
- Director of Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions
- Education Evaluation Manager, Strategic Planning
Other colleagues may also attend meetings for specific agenda items.
Meetings and paper guidance
Summaries will be made available shortly after each meeting and can be accessed by clicking on the relevant meeting date below.
Meeting dates and paper deadlines
2021/22 meeting dates and paper deadlines
|Meeting date||Paper deadline|
|8 November 2021||30 October 2021|
|6 December 2021||26 November 2021|
|13 January 2022||4 January 2022|
|8 February 2022||30 January 2022|
|16 March 2022||7 March 2022|
|4 April 2022||26 March 2022|
|13 May 2022||4 May 2022|
|7 June 2022||29 May 2022|
|29 June 2022||20 June 2022|
|7 September 2022||29 August 2022|
2022/23 meeting dates and paper deadlines
|Meeting date||Paper deadline|
|5 October 2022||26 September 2022|
|2 November 2022||24 October 2022|
|30 November 2022||21 November 2022|
|11 January 2023||3 January 2023|
|8 February 2023||30 January 2023|
|8 March 2023||27 February 2023|
|12 April 2023||3 April 2023|
|17 May 2023||8 May 2023|
|14 June 2023||5 June 2023|
|12 July 2023||3 June 2023|
Please ensure that your paper has been approved by a member of the committee before submission and that is no longer than 3-4 pages in length. Any additional material should be added as an appendix and all papers should include the Student Experience Committee coversheet at the start.
We encourage all papers to meet the following accessibility guidelines:
- Consistent heading styles should be used to indicate grouping and add hierarchy to your content.
- All figures, tables, charts etc (including in appendices) are required to be clearly and consistently labelled.
- All link text must be clear, descriptive, and understandable without contextual content (do not use click here or include the URL).
Please note, if required, it is the item lead's responsibility to ensure a fully accessible version of the paper submitted to Student Experience Committee is available on request.
To ensure accessibility, papers can be checked against the College's guidance on publishing accessible documents. Additionally, the latest version of Office (365) has an accessibility checker that highlights issues and solutions. To access, click on the Review tab within the document and then click Check Accessibility.