How to apply: fees and application process
2023 tuition fees and application deadlines
6-week course on campus: £3,750
Deadline is 9am (UK time) on Monday 3 July 2023
3-week course on campus: £1,870
Deadline is 9am (UK time) on Monday 24 July 2023
Offers are made subject to places being available. We will close early if courses are full.
Applications open on Wednesday 1 March 2023
1. Check which course you should apply for: course entry requirements.
2. Once you know which course meets your needs and have the relevant documentation (including an eligible test result if you are applying for the 6-week course), complete the online application form. Please note:
- You should use the account details that you set up for your main programme application if you applied through the Imperial Gateway. Otherwise, create a new account.
- You will be applying for a 2022-23 course as the Pre-sessional courses take place at the end of our academic year.
- If you are applying with a Pearson PTE Academic UKVI test result, you need to share your result with us through your test account by clicking on the Share Results button and selecting Imperial College London from the list of available institutions.
- We recommend you apply as soon as you receive the offer from your main programme of study and are clear which pre-sessional course will meet your requirements. We will close to applications once the courses are full.
3. We will process your application as quickly as possible but please allow 10 working days for a decision as your application is reviewed.
4. When you receive an offer, accept it using the online application system in order to secure your place on the programme. You usually need to accept within 28 days but please note that you must accept your offer at least 5 weeks before the start of the course to allow time for all the processes to be completed. See point 6 below.
5. Within 10 working days of accepting your offer, you will receive an invoice for the course fees by email from the Tuition Fees team. In order to secure your place on the course, you must then pay the Pre-sessional fees in full within 14 days of the invoice date unless it is close to the start of the course and point 6 below applies.
N.B. If you are a sponsored student, the invoice for your fees will be sent directly to your sponsor. As soon as you have accepted your offer in the online application system, you should send a copy of your Financial Guarantee Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full information on what the letter needs to cover is found on the Information for postgraduate students page on tuition fees.
6. Please note: Notwithstanding the normal timeframes for accepting an offer and paying the tuition fees, you must be in a position to enrol on the Pre-sessional course in MyImperial by the start of the course and this means meeting all requirments including obtaining a visa.
7. When you have paid the fees in full and met any other conditions, you will receive confirmation of your place on the programme by email.
Students requiring a Student Route visa only:
8. As soon as your place is confirmed on the course, upload a copy of your passport to the My passport, visa and CAS section of your MyImperial account.
9. You will be issued with a CAS number by Admissions. Normally it will be issued within 7 days of your offer for the Pre-sessional being made Uncondition Firm as long as you have uploaded your passport to MyImperial.