Wipe a mobile device remotely using College's Active Sync
If your device (personal or Imperial-owned) uses the College's Active Sync service to connect your email and calendar etc., it may be possible to remotely delete the data from your mobile device. To check if your device supports this service, contact the ICT Service Desk.
Instructions for wiping data from a mobile device remotely using Active Sync
Instructions for office 365
To wipe data from your mobile device remotely using Imperial College London's Active Sync, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.imperial.ac.uk/office365.
2. Enter your College username in the format email@example.com and password and click Sign in.
3. Select the cog in the top right hand corner of the screen and choose Options from the menu.
4. Expand General on the left hand side of the screen and choose Mobile devices. You will be presented with a list of devices that you have connected via ActiveSync.
5. Select the device that you would like to wipe and go to the Details button (pencil icon).
6. Check that you have selected the correct device by confirming the name, telephone number etc.
7. Select Wipe Device.
8. Confirm that you want to wipe the device.
You will receive an email notification if/when the device has been erased.
If you find the device after wiping the data and you wish to connect it to your Imperial email account again, you will need to remove the device from the list in Outlook as instructed above, otherwise the system will wipe the device again on connection.
You can only remotely wipe a device if it connects back to the College mail server so, if you lose the device and it does not connect to the Internet again, you will not be able to wipe it remotely. If you wipe the device, it can still be used to make calls. For more information, visit the Staff mobiles web page.
Remote wipe facility test results for common operating systems (OS)
|Operating system (OS)||Mobile device||Remote wipe||Notes|
|Android - Jelly Bean (4.1.1)||Samsung Galaxy 2 (GT-P5110)||Yes||Restores to factory default.|
|iOS (8.1.1)||iPad Mini 2||Yes||Restores to factory default.|