Connect to (map) an H: drive when using VPN
Online Home directory finder
Once you have connected to the VPN successfully, use the Online Home directory finder to find the location of your H: drive on the network e.g. \\icnas2.cc.ic.ac.uk\yourusername.
Some departments provide your H: drive from a departmental file server, which your PC connects to when you login. Your Home directory would then be available from your H: drive. In this case, your Home directory server may be known to us and the ICT Service Desk may be able to provide this information.
To map your H: drive while using VPN, follow these steps:
To map your H: drive on your Windows or Mac computer while using VPN, follow these steps:
- Click Computer on the Start Menu
- Click Map Network drive
- Login to Home directory location to find the path name, e.g. \\icnas1.cc.ic.ac.uk\jbloggs.
- Select H in the box marked Drive
- Enter your Home directory location in the box marked Folder
- Select Connect using different credentials and enter your username in the format ic\yourusername and your College password, if you did not login to the computer with your College username and password
- Login to Home directory location to find the path name, e.g. smb://icnas1.cc.ic.ac.uk/jbloggs
- Select Go from the Finder menu
- Select Connect to server...
- Enter your Home directory location in the Server Address box
- Enter your College username and password to connect, if you did not login with your College username and password