To connect to the Imperial-WPA network using a Windows 7 device, follow these steps:
- Left click on the network icon (a computer monitor with a cable) in your desktop toolbar.
- Left click on Imperial-WPA in the list of networks.
- Enter your College username (use ic\yourusername for your personal machine) and password.
- Click on Connect if prompted.
To create an network profile manually, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Type Manage wireless networks in the Search bar and press the Return key on your keyboard.
- Click Add and select Manually create a network profile in the window that opens.
- Enter Imperial-WPA as the Network name.
- Enter WPA2-Enterprise as the Security type.
- Enter AES as the Encryption type.
- Enter Blank as the Security key.
- Click Next and choose the Change connection settings option.
- Select the Security tab and ensure that the Network authentication method selected is Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Click the Settings button next to PEAP.
- Tick the Validate server certificate box.
- Ensure that Select Authentication Method is Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2).
- Click the Configure button next to EAP-MSCHAP v2.
- Untick Automatically use my Windows logon name and click OK.
- Click OK, OK and Close to save the settings.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your College username and password when Windows prompts you to connect to the wireless network.
The first time you connect only you will be shown a Windows security alert box that says The connection attempt could not be completed. Click Connect and Windows will connect and save the server ID.
You should now be connected to the Imperial-WPA network.