Panopto accessibility statement
This statement concerns the Panopto system, and applications downloaded from Panopto. It does not cover the user-provided content that is uploaded to Panopto.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Use shortcut keys to control videos
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- Responsive design (meaning the display of all content is optimised for all screen sizes)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is the website
What we do about known issues
We work to achieve and maintain WCAG 2.1 AA standards, but it is not always possible for all our content to be accessible. Where content is not accessible, we will state a reason, warn users and offer alternatives.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Imperial College London is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
You can view the Panopto Accessibility Conformance Report.
Non accessible content
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Most videos do not currently have captions, however these can be requested. More information on captioning can be found on the Panopto website.
- Some of the pages lack sufficient colour contrast
- Some of our pages use colour to convey information
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some of our pages ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) are not using valid attributes.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) – Panopto does not currently provide audio descriptions or full text alternatives for videos.
- Character Key Shortcuts - The embed viewer supports single character shortcuts, only active when the player is in focus. The interactive player also supports single character shortcuts, only when the browser tab is in focus.
- Captions (Live) - There is no functionality in place to caption live content.
Contrast - a few links on the homepage only have a 3.27:1 contrast ratio
Reporting accessibility issues
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille or if you find any accessibility issues not listed on this page then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This statement was prepared on 20 September 2020. It was last updated on 20 September 2020.