Turnitin (Text matching software)
Intro to Turnitin Video
Turnitin is an online text-matching service. The system enables institutions and staff to compare students' work with a vast database of electronic sources including:
- Over 12 billion websites (including archived websites)
- Over 10,000 major newspapers, magazines and scholarly journals
- Thousands of books, including literary classics
- Previously submitted student work to other educational institutions
- Essays from cheat sites
- Copyright-free material.
Turnitin can be used to:
- Ensure that students’ work is original and protect against even the most sophisticated forms of student misconduct.
- Reduce workloads with tools which allow staff to focus on teaching and learning, not marking and admin, improving outcomes for students.
- Guide students with meaningful, personalised feedback that helps them learn and improve their academic writing and research skills.
- Reduce bias and deliver objective, actionable, timely feedback with dynamic rubrics that maximize student growth.
- Turnitin is integrated in to Blackboard Learn to allow assignment submission, marking and feedback.