Module Registrations Management
Module Registrations Management enables authorised department staff to manage changes to student module registrations, supporting the maintenance of Banner as the single source of truth.
Module management overview for departments
A recording of the May engagement sessions to provide an overview of the module management processes and timeline in preparation for the 2021-22 academic year is available. Login using your Imperial username and password. To begin, click on Play.
Access to Module Registratons Management for staff is via My Imperial (https://my.imperial.ac.uk) using your College single sign-on. Staff members who require access should complete and submit the request form from the Access and Training page. Your access request should include ICA Reporting & Statistics.
Banner module registrations set-up
Student Records will register students in Banner for their core modules. Student elective module registration choices will be collected from Departments for upload by Student Records into Banner. Following the upload, changes to a student's elective module registrations should be managed using Module Registrations Management.
Reviewing module set-up
The Banner Module Catalogue or ICA Reporting & Statistics Dashboards>Banner Interim>Curriculum Dashboard>Module Data report enables review of module set-up. An integration is in place from Banner to Blackboard, Panopto and MS Teams, which will update within one-hour. A report is available from ICA Reporting & Statistics Dashboards> Banner Interim>Curriculum Dashboard>Module Integration Partners to show whether modules have a Banner ‘Integration flag’ set to Yes or No to pass module section and student on section data to these downstream partner systems. To amend the status of a Banner partner system integration flag or module in a cross-list group, please communicate the required changes using the online form to the Curriculum Data Management Team.
Partner system updates
Students registered on modules in Banner for 'credit' or 'extra credit' will enable a Student enrolment in Blackboard, and Panopto and Teams. Students registered on modules as 'not assessed' will enable an Auditor enrolment in Blackboard, and Panopto and Teams. Dropping or deleting a student's module registration in Banner will disable the Blackboard course enrolment, hide it from student view, and remove the student from the associated module distribution lists. Access can be restored by registering the student in Banner on the module. The Module Registrations Report is available via ICA Reporting & Statistics Dashboards>Banner Interim>Registration, Progression and Outcomes>Module Registration tab for filter by Term to see which students are registered on which programmes and modules.
Adding associated module staff
The Module Lead in Banner is automatically added via the Module Integration to Panopto, MS Teams and Blackboard module related folders. The Module Lead can add other staff members, or the Department can raise an ASK request with ICT for associated module staff to be added in bulk, or for the Administrator or Admin office email address to be added for the purpose of adding other staff members. The information required is: module code (eg mate40001), term (eg 202110) and staff username. The adding of a generic team email address to Pantopo distribution lists can be requested.
Panopto module Staff DLs (eg. email@example.com) have been added to Student DLs (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) for the purpose of staff being aware of student email comms. Details on how to add staff to the relevant Staff DL (<Subject Code><Module Code>-<term>-staff-dl) is available.
- Referral students resitting the assessment components of the module will not have any module registrations for the upcoming year whilst they are going through their results and progression process. They should still have access to their same year teaching materials until their assessment is recorded against their module registrations. All referral students will have an enrolled record status of NR (Not Required) for current year (their module registration will still sit in the previous year that teaching occurred) and departments will not be able to add module registrations. You are able to see if results have been returned and the student has been progressed from the Banner Student Enquiry Form.
- Retakes - modules can be added for full or part year retakes as these students are fully accessing teaching for current year, seen as a fresh attempt. They will have an ES (Enrolled) status.
- Horizons - CLCC will return all Horizons student module registrations to Student Records for upload.
- Occasional students - module registrations can either be provided to Student Records for upload or entered into Module Registrations Management directly.
- Short course students - don’t currently exist in Banner and access to course materials should be provided directly.
- Interruption of studies - recognised by College as a pause in study and consequently a pause in tuition fee liability. Students on IoS do not have access to modules being taught at this time. Once the student re-enrols they will be registered for all relevant modules.
- Programme Transfers - students transferring to a new programme do not have access to the new programme's modules until their transfer date. ATAS clearance or visa documentation may be required.
There is a step by step Module Registrations Management Guide. The following video provides an overview of using Module Registration Management. You will need to login using your Imperial username and password. To begin, click on Play.