Higher Education Institutions are faced with an evolving and complex range of regulatory requirements, in addition to a high volume of best practice guidance from regulatory bodies, councils, institutes and partners. To achieve its mission of enduring excellence in research and education in science, engineering, medicine and business for the benefit of society, the College must ensure it has effective processes in place to enable it to meet its regulatory requirements.
The College’s Regulatory Compliance Function provides a light-touch oversight of Imperial’s arrangements for meeting its many statutory and regulatory compliance obligations. In collaboration with Responsible Officers with regulatory responsibilities, the Regulatory Compliance Function will develop a regulatory compliance risk framework to enable the identification of significant regulatory risks which could impact delivery of the College’s strategic aims, particularly where regulation is developing and/or changing. This framework will be integrated with the development of the College’s current risk management processes with a key focus on significant strategic and operational risks to the College.
The Regulatory Compliance Function also provides assurance to President’s Board and the Audit and Risk Committee that appropriate actions have been taken to manage regulatory compliance risks.
The Regulatory Compliance Manager can provide advice and support to staff on the following:
- Information on the College’s existing regulatory requirements and what this means for your activity in practice;
- Identification, evaluation and management of significant regulatory compliance risks – at the level of Departmental Risk Registers and the College Risk Register;
- The development and monitoring of key risk indicators to determine increases in regulatory compliance risk and the implementation of regulatory compliance risk mitigation measures;
- Emerging regulation and/or regulatory changes and how you can prepare for its implementation;
- Potential compliance issues which require escalation;
- Development of the Regulatory Compliance Framework, including how you can share your feedback on the College’s governance processes around regulatory compliance.
For further questions and/or advice on Regulatory Compliance matters, please contact Bridget McNulty (Regulatory Compliance Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org