Terms of Reference
The President's Board is chaired by the President. Its primary function is to plan for and address issues of broad, strategic, and College-wide significance. It identifies, endorses and approves strategic initiatives, governance matters and major policies, in addition to the College’s financial strategy.
Items to be considered by the President’s Board include:
- College Strategy
- High level strategic risks relevant to the College Strategy
- Strategic aspects of estates, the College Masterplan, international engagements, external relationships, partnerships and fundraising.
- Developing proposals for the College’s future annual budget for both income and capital expenditure, and medium/long term financial plans, during each Planning Round.
- Any other items of a strategic nature referred by Provost’s Board or the Executive Group.
Alice Gast, President (Chair)
Neil Alford, Associate Provost (Academic Planning)
Vice-President (Communications and Public Affairs) - vacant
Nigel Brandon Dean, Faculty of Engineering
Harbhajan Brar, Director of HR
Richard Craster, Dean, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Maggie Dallman, Vice-President (International) and Associate Provost (Academic Partnerships)
Nick Jennings, Vice-Provost (Research and Enterprise)
Tony Lawrence, Director of Finance
Emma McCoy, Interim Vice-Provost (Education and Student Experience)
Michael Murphy, Vice-President (Advancement)
Jane Neary, Director of Campus Services
John Neilson, College Secretary
Nicholas Roalfe, Director of Estates Operations
Muir Sanderson, Chief Financial Officer
Francisco Veloso, Dean, Imperial College Business School
Juan Villamil, Chief Information Officer
Ian Walmsley, Provost
Jonathan Weber, Dean, Faculty of Medicine
Amanda Wolthuizen, Director of Public Affairs and Chief of Staff to the President (Secretary)
Directors reporting to the President or Provost may also be invited to attend meetings of the President’s Board.
2020/21 meeting dates
- Monday 14 September 2020 - President's Board Summary September 2020 (pdf)
- Monday 12 October 2020 - President's Board Summary October 2020 (pdf)
- Monday 16 November 2020
- Monday 14 December 2020
- Monday 18 January 2021
- Monday 15 February 2021
- Monday 15 March 2021
- Monday 19 April 2021
- Monday 17 May 2021
- Monday 14 June 2021
- Monday 12 July 2021