• Oversight of the quality and efficacy of education and research;
• Development and retention of academic, research and professional staff; annual pay review and awards;
• Student experience and well-being;
• Health and safety;
• In-year financial performance and financial control;
• The submission of the Core College’s annual operational budgets and medium and longterm financial plans, including capital expenditure, to the President’s Board for consideration as part of the annual Planning Round.
• Reports on activities of the Faculties and academic support services.
Other colleagues are invited for specific agenda items.
The Provost and members of Provost’s Board are keen to make sure staff are aware of the discussions being held at Provost’s Board meetings. Since December 2017 a summary of the discussions and decisions taken at the Board has been produced and circulated to Heads of Departments and Divisions shortly after each meeting. The aim of the summaries is to inform colleagues across the community about the issues and topics that are discussed, and to help colleagues understand why particular decisions are taken. While certain matters (in particular those which involve personnel matters or which are commercially sensitive) are not appropriate for inclusion, the default position is that every matter discussed at the Board is included in the summary. Heads of Department also have an opportunity to raise questions about anything discussed at the Board at the weekly Heads of Department lunches.
Provost's Board summaries (where available) can be accessed by clicking the relevant meeting date below.
Meeting dates for 2017/18:
29 September 2017
27 October 2017
17 November 2017
29 June 2018