Information Governance Steering Group
Tabbed information block
Terms of Reference
1. To review the College’s policies and management arrangements covering all aspects of Information Governance.
2. To commission annual assessments and audits of the College’s Information Governance policies and arrangements.
3. To promote awareness of information governance and work with the Information Systems Security Group with the authority to implement changes.
4. To establish and monitor implementation of an Information Governance Improvement Plan.
5. To receive and consider reports into breaches of confidentiality and security and where appropriate to undertake or recommend remedial action.
6. To oversee arrangements for liaising with the NHS on the application of its information governance toolkit for the College’s use of patient data in research.
7. To oversee arrangements for maintaining a high level of data quality across College, particularly in relation to data returns required by external bodies.
a) Mr John Neilson, The College Secretary (Chairman)
b) Mr Mike Russell, The Chief Information Officer
c) Professor Paul Elliott, Director of Information Governance, Imperial College AHSC
d) Faculty Operating Officers [Mr Jon Tucker (Business School), Dr Chris Watkins (Medicine), Ms Nazia Hirjee (Natural Sciences) and Mr Richard Martin (Engineering)]
e) Ms Milena Radoycheva, Director of Legal Services
f) Mr David Ashton, Academic Registrar
g) Ms Lynne Cox, Director of Research Office
h) Mr Malcolm Edwards, Director of Strategic Planning
i) Professor Peter Openshaw, Senior Academic Counsul
j) Ms Zoe Punaks, Director of Advancement Operations and Administration
k) Mr John Whitlow, Director of Financial Services and Procurement
l) Mr Joe Cooper, Deputy Director HR & Service Transformation
m) Ms Rachel Knight, Head of Central Secretariat
n) Mr Paul Craven, Head of Research Operations, Faculty of Medicine
o) Mr Eric Johnson, Senior Programme Manager, Information Governance, Faculty of Medicine
p) Mr Nick Wood, Programme Manager, Data, Faculty of Medicine
Management Trainee [Central Secretariat]
Meetings and Reporting
10. The Committee shall meet at least two times per annum.
11. The Committee will make an annual report on Information Governance to the Provost’s Board each autumn.
12. The quorum shall be the Chairman and three other members.