Apply to the General Fund
Next Conference Funding Deadlines
31 March 2023
31 May 2023
- be currently enrolled as a student at Imperial College London;
- have been invited to present your work at a conference;
- submit at least two months prior to the start date of the conference.
- Medical students: you may not apply if the work relates to an elective you have undertaken
- Previous awardees: you may not apply to the Trust if you have received a conference grant in the past, unless the conference relates to a higher/different degree you are now taking at the College. (Medical students who have previously been awarded a grant for a conference relating to their MBBS may not apply for another grant relating to their intercalated BSc or vice versa).
- Complete the Imperial College Trust Conference funding application. You will be asked to attach evidence from the conference organisers confirming you have been invited to present your work.
- Your supervisor will need to provide a letter of support for your application. They will be emailed a link to submit this once you have completed your application.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as the Trustees have reached their decision (usually two to three weeks after the application deadline - see top of this page for 2022-23 deadlines).
It is the applicant's responsibility to abide by the above requirements. If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact email@example.com.
Late/incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: applications submitted by emailing Part A/B forms before the 31st January deadline will still be submitted to the panel if completed and eligible. There is no need to re-apply using the form above.
Limits on funding
- The IC Trust will fund a maximum of £400 per student per degree programme.
- Supervisors are requested to limit the number of applications supported for the same conference.
- Supervisors recommending more than one student for the same conference may be asked to contribute funds from other sources.
Student-led Project Funding
Any student-led project which has a voluntary/charitable aim.
Please note: the Student-Led Project must be an existing group affiliated to Imperial College Union. Current projects can be viewed on the Activities A to Z.
- Read the Imperial College Union Application Guidelines - SLARB Guidelines;
- Contact the Student Activities Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your application;
- Submit a venture proposal to the Union for consideration by the Student-Led Activity Review Board (SLARB);
- Download and complete the Student-Led Projects Application Form.
Proposal Deadline: 2 April 2021
Application Deadline: 11 June 2021
The Trustees will only consider applications for Student-Led Projects using the Student-Led Project Application Form following approval from Imperial College Union.
Limits on funding
Due to funding constraints it is unlikely that more than £2,000 will be awarded per project.