Apply to the General Fund
Next Conference Funding Deadlines
8 February 2021
26 March 2021
14 May 2021
- be currently enrolled as a student at Imperial College London;
- have been invited to present your work at a conference;
- submit at least two months prior to the start date of the conference.
- Medical students: you may not apply if the work relates to an elective you have undertaken
- Previous awardees: you may not apply to the Trust if you have received a conference grant in the past, unless the conference relates to a higher/different degree you are now taking at the College. (Medical students who have previously been awarded a grant for a conference relating to their MBBS may not apply for another grant relating to their intercalated BSc or vice versa).
- Download the Imperial College Trust General Funds Application Form - Part A and complete electronically (handwritten forms will not be accepted);
- Email the completed Part A, along with email or other evidence from the conference organisers confirming you have been invited to present your work. Email these items together to Imperial College Trust
- Ask your supervisor to complete the Imperial College Trust General Funds Application Form - Part B electronically and to email this directly to Imperial College Trust
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as the Trustees have reached their decision (usually two to three weeks after the application deadline).
It is the applicant's responsibility to abide by the above requirements. Late/incomplete applications will not be considered.
Limits on funding
- The IC Trust will fund a maximum of £400 per student per degree programme.
- Supervisors are requested to limit the number of applications supported for the same conference.
- Supervisors recommending more than one student for the same conference may be asked to contribute funds from other sources.
Student-led Project Funding
Any student-led project which has a voluntary/charitable aim.
Please note: the Student-Led Project must be an existing group affiliated to Imperial College Union. Current projects can be viewed on the Activities A to Z.
- Read the Imperial College Union Application Guidelines - SLARB Guidelines;
- Contact the Student Activities Team (email@example.com) to discuss your application;
- Submit a venture proposal to the Union for consideration by the Student-Led Activity Review Board (SLARB);
- Download and complete the Student-Led Projects Application Form.
Proposal Deadline: 2 April 2021
Application Deadline: 11 June 2021
The Trustees will only consider applications for Student-Led Projects using the Student-Led Project Application Form following approval from Imperial College Union.
Limits on funding
Due to funding constraints it is unlikely that more than £2,000 will be awarded per project.