Announcing Spring/Summer 2017 Boost Grants
The Advanced Hackspace and the Enterprise Lab are excited to bring you their joint Enterprise Boost Grant, in addition to continuing the Project Boost Grant.
Following on from the successes we’ve seen with the bi-annual Project Boost Grants offered by the Advanced Hackspace, this spring/summer we’re teaming up to provide an extended offer:
The Project Boost grant will continue as before and provide very-early stage ideas with the necessary uplift to get off the ground. This could be anything from a very-early stage commercial prototype to a particularly interesting personal project.
The Enterprise Boost Grant, in turn, will be aimed at more advanced ventures and provide tailored business coaching, hosted at the Enterprise Lab, on top of money for prototyping at the Advanced Hackspace.
Both grants, once awarded, come with zero IP or equity strings attached. Go and do something great, we won’t come after you for it. See below for what we do require.
The deadline for applications is midnight (23:59) on 12 May 2017. We will send out invitations to attend a panel interview to shortlisted applicants on 15 May 2017.
Interviews for both grants will be held on 18 and 19 May 2017, and successful applicants will be notified on 22 May 2017.
Further details are as follows:
- Selection for both grants will be through a panel interview with members of staff from the Enterprise Lab and the Advanced Hackspace.
- If awarded a grant, you will need to present the progress you make on a regular basis.
- If awarded a grant, you will exhibit your project at events such as the Advanced Hackspace Demo Days if requested.
Project Boost Grant
- Value: up to £500
- Aimed at early-stage physical prototyping projects that need a cash injection to learn to fly. The grant money can be spent on consumables and apparatuses. Possible commercialisation is no selection criterion.
- Please note that because of conducting interviews for both grants together on 18 and 19 May, the Project Boost Grant application has been brought forward this year.
Enterprise Boost Grant
- Value: up to £2000
- Aimed at more progressed ventures which will benefit from business coaching, on top of their physical prototyping needs.
- The grant money can be spent on prototyping, apparatuses and legal fees (e.g., patent filing or external IP advice). Regular business coaching will be provided at the Enterprise Lab.
- The first instalment of the grant money has to be spent by 31 July 2017, and following a review, the second instalment will be released.
Feel free to get in touch with a member of staff at the Enterprise Lab or the Advanced Hackspace if you have any further questions.
Click here to read the Enterprise Boost Grant Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Click here to read the Project Boost Grant Terms and Conditions (PDF)