The module descriptors for this programme can be found below.
This course is designed as a revision to A-level chemistry.
At the end of this set of lectures students should:
· Be acquainted with basic definitions.
· Understand the difference between solid, liquid and gas at a molecular level.
· Familiar with the structure of an atom.
· Able to perform conversions between number of moles, mass and number of atoms.
· Be familiar with the various types of carbon allotropes.
· Know the difference between primary and secondary bonds.
Definitions. State of matter and periodic table of elements. Introduction to atomic theory. Stoichiometry; relationship between moles, mass and number of atoms. Crystal structures of solids. Chemical bonding; covalent and non-covalent bonds. Introduction to engineering materials.
The course is presented using a combination of the whiteboard, PowerPoint presentation and pre-printed slides.
4th, Prentice Hall
4th edition., Naucalpan de Juárez : Pearson Educación