Award criteria and eligibility
From emerging leader to top in your field, the Alumni Awards recognise the contributions of our alumni, both in industry and society. The descriptions below will help you decide which award you are eligible for.
Emerging Alumni Leaders Award
This award recognises and celebrates alumni under the age of 40, who are remarkable leaders in their field, have demonstrated outstanding achievements or are making a substantial impact on society. Winners must be:
- An alumnus under the age of 40, at the date when nominations close
- An emerging leader in their field, who has demonstrated outstanding achievements or is making a substantial impact on society, and/or who has made an important contribution to the local, national or international community through professional, voluntary or charitable activities
- An inspiring role model for students, fellow early-to-mid career alumni and the wider Imperial community
- Able to show evidence of a tangible impact, and the scale of the impact, of their work in their profession, the community or society
Distinguished Alumni Award
This award recognises and celebrates outstanding alumni who have demonstrated sustained personal and professional achievements or contributions in their field over a number of years. The winner must:
- Have demonstrated sustained and outstanding personal and professional achievements or contributions in their field(s) over a number of years
- Have received formal recognition from their peers and/or the community
- Achieved success in areas including, but not limited to, research excellence and impact, or leadership and innovation in industry or enterprise
- Be an exemplary role model to students, fellow alumni and the wider Imperial community
- Have evidence of a tangible impact, and the scale of the impact, of their work in their profession, the community or society
Who can nominate alumni for an award?
Are you an alumnus and proud of what you've achieved? Don't be shy - we'd love you to nominate yourself in either category. Just make sure you submit a supporting letter from an independent referee / seconder. These letters can't be written by a relative and must be received within the deadline date for nominations. We're sorry but we can't accept self-nominations without a supporting letter.
Perhaps you're in awe of a friend or classmate's work, or have been inspired by following their career from afar? Show your admiration by nominating them. Anyone is eligible to nominate alumni for both categories. This includes Imperial College London alumni, staff, students, Court and Council members.
Who is eligible for an award?
All nominees must have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Imperial College London or one of the associated colleges or medical schools. Alumni who have previously won an award in any category will not be eligible to win the same award again.
There are a few people we are unable to accept nominations for: active politicians, honorary graduates or those who have previously received a College Medal or Fellowship of Imperial College, and deceased alumni. Sorry, but no posthumous awards will be made.