Design Engineering scheme 2020-2021
Dyson School of Design Engineering: Alumni volunteering scheme
Volunteer to support the MEng Design Engineering course
Since the MEng Design Engineering course began, our students have not had the chance to talk to alumni and hear how the course prepared them for what's out there, and about the different career possibilities after graduation. We are looking for alumni who are keen to get involved in our teaching activities across the four years of the degree.
As an alumnus, you are best placed to share your experience, offer advice and provide insights into different career paths. Sharing your experience can make a real difference to students who may be unsure about taking the first or next step in their career. Your input can help to provide the information and insights they need to make informed decisions, and to choose a career path that is fulfilling and instils a sense of pride.
This volunteering role would suit people with the following characteristics
- has completed the MEng Design Engineering degree at Imperial College London
- is enthusiastic about their time at Imperial and is utilising their degree and/or experience at the College to further their career
- is willing to share their experience and answer questions about their job and career path
Benefits of volunteering in this role
- (Re)connect with the Dyson School of Engineering as a volunteer.
- Inspire the next generation of Design Engineering graduates.
- Support the College and share your experience.
How to get involved in this volunteering role
- DE1 - Intro to Design Engineering. We are looking for alumni to come in and speak to students about their experience in the field of Design Engineering, both academic and professional. We can work with you to develop the right activity to enable you to interact with our students and share your expertise.
- DE3 – Group project. We are looking for alumni to come in and share their experience with the group project, and to talk about whether there have been any follow-up activities, e.g. further developing their concepts beyond the module.
- DE4 – SOLO project. We are looking for alumni to come in and share their experience with the SOLO Project, to talk about whether they brought the project forward beyond the end of the degree, and if this has been of any help for your current career.
When and where would you need to volunteer?
Date: A weekday during the Autumn, Spring or Summer term.
Time: Approx. 2-3 hours during the morning, afternoon or evening.
Location: Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus
Apply to volunteer for this opportunity
Once you have expressed your interest a member of the Dyson School team will be touch with you.